Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

??? CuFFT what ARE you doing ???

OK, so here is what I've figured out so far.
  • CuFFT doesn't fail all the time; it fails every OTHER time its called.
  • When it does fail, it is data dependent as to which part fails; that is, if you break up line 466 of FourierOptics/src/Private/FourierOptics_TriangleAccumulator.cu so that pointAccumulator has its real and imaginary parts updated separately, then comment out the update of the imaginary part only, CuFFT doesn't fail, provided you input only one triangle, and that it is in a 'goldilocks' size range.  I have yet to find a range of sizes and positions that make both the real and imaginary part succeed.  Regardless, this is wrong; it shouldn't fail just because the data is an unexpected size.
I am going to continue investigating this, but won't really be able to do so for another week; other projects demand my time.  However, I talked with Joe Kider and know that he's interested in working on Fourier optics as well; turns out that it is getting interest in the graphics community.  So I'm going to work with him over the summer to see what can be done. 

1 comment:

  1. Good news. I'm glad to hear that you are working with Joe over the summer.

    ReplyDelete