Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Rules to live by

Don't upgrade your drivers before a deadline.  You will be unhappy.

As for the movie, its still uploading to bitbucket.  And its after midnight now... yay.  Whenever it finishes uploading, I'll post a link to it.  You can pull the code as it is, but I want to figure out WHY cufft is failing on the inverse transform, so I'm going to keep on debugging while the movie slowly (oh, SO slowly) uploads.  If it turns out is something in my code that wasn't tripping up the old drivers, I'll post that as well.

EDIT It's been 20 minutes, and its still uploading.  Which is unfortunate, as there is a chance I can use cuda-gdb to figure out what's going on, but to do so, I have to log out and then log back in in console mode, which means interrupting the upload.  At this point, I'm going to go to bed and let the upload take as long as it takes.  The movie will get up there in its own sweet time.

EDIT 2  It finished uploading sometime overnight.  You can download it here.  The movie is cheesy because everything went wrong; I'm going to keep on beating on cuFFT to figure out why its not doing the right thing, but if I can't figure it out, eventually I'm going to rip it out and use FFTW instead, or maybe look into OpenCL based implementations.  At the very least, I want to write a wrapper that makes all of the various flavors look the same, so I can have CPU & GPU unit tests that can cross-compare.  With enough time, that should make things work right (I hope).

Meh, onto other projects

No comments:

Post a Comment